- MAKE ENDS MEET | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- RELATED WORDS
- make ends meet
- A third (33%) of working age families in San Diego County can’t make ends meet.
MAKE ENDS MEET | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
In this way the ropes would meet and the sail would work again. It implies that you have a stipend form the year and will need to live in such a manner that you do not use it all before the end of the year. Money , Work. M 1 Thought.
Add your thoughts Cancel reply. Leave this field empty. Read on. She is so lazy that she hardly able to make both ends meet each month.
make ends meet
Sense of "destruction, death" was in Old English. Meaning "division or quarter of a town" was in Old English. The end "the last straw, the limit" in a disparaging sense is from The phrase end run is first attested in U. End time in reference to the end of the world is from To end it all "commit suicide" is attested by Be-all and end-all is from Shakespeare "Macbeth" I.
- Step-by-Step Guide for Running a Retail Store Business: How to Operate and Market a Retail Shop to Maximize Profits;
- English-German Dictionary.
- Make Ends Meet Synonyms, Make Ends Meet Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus.
- Make ends meet.
- The Fate of the Poseidonia.
Manage so that one's financial means are enough for one's needs, as in On that salary Enid had trouble making ends meet. This expression originated as make both ends meet , a translation from the French joindre les deux bouts by John Clarke, The ends , it is assumed, allude to the sum total of income and expenditures.
- Explore topics.
- Make ends meet - Idioms by The Free Dictionary.
- RELATED WORDS.
- Angel Eden Guide to Yarn Bombing: Book 1 Sports and Games.
In addition to the idioms beginning with end. Summer is the season for basking in the warm sun and rejoicing in the freedom of summer vacation.
A third (33%) of working age families in San Diego County can’t make ends meet.
Many consider Labor Day the final hurrah of summer, but we still have a few weeks after that …. What Makes Accents Appealing?
What makes certain accents sexy and others harsh? The guttersnipe is …. Nearby words encyclopedic , encyclopedism , encyclopedist , encyst , encysted calculus , end , end around , end artery , end brush , end bud , end bulb. Idioms at loose ends , without an occupation or plans; unsettled; uncertain: He spent two years wandering about the country at loose ends.